If you are a student at the University of Guelph, you have access to the CSA's Transit Services. We and the GSA have partnered with Guelph Transit in order to create the universal bus pass, which allows you unlimited access to the Guelph Public Transit system, as well as the Late Night Bus Service. This bus pass is included in your tuition cost for the semester and in order to keep the costs low, students are unable to opt out. We also liaison with GO Transit and Greyhound on your behalf, providing locations to purchase tickets right here on campus! In the summer months, non-registered students living in Guelph can also apply for a summer bus pass if they are returning to classes in the fall semester.
SUMMER BUS PASS ELIGIBILITY:
Being eligible for a summer bus pass depends on your status as a student over the semester:
- Taking at least one in-class course - If you’re taking at least one course in-class, you will be automatically charged for a bus pass in your tuition, as happens in the Fall/Winter semesters. You simply need to come pick your pass up (see below for details).
- Taking DE courses or a co-op work term - If you’re only taking DE courses or are a student on a co-op work term, but will still be in Guelph for the summer, you may purchase a summer bus pass from the CSA. It will cost $89.65, the same as if you were charged through your tuition, only it won’t happen automatically. Please note that the CSA can only process cash payments.
- Not taking summer courses, but still living in Guelph over the summer and are returning as a student in the fall - If you’re in this situation, the CSA is able to offer 50 opt-in summer passes. THIS IS NOT A FREE BUS PASS. Instead, the CSA will treat you as if you are a DE student and allow you to purchase a bus pass for $89.65. You can apply for the survey at the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CSA-S13-Optin. The survey expires on April 19th, and the CSA hopes to let successful applicants know by May 1st.
Summer Bus Distribution: 2013
- Where: CSA Boardroom, UC 2nd floor.
- When: Thursday, May 9th: 9am-6pm AND Friday, May 10th: 9am-6pm
- Where: GSA, 5th Floor UC.
- The CSA is not authorized to give you a buss pass sticker.
Guelph Transit Routes are constantly being improved. For basic information and maps see our Routes Section; While we endeavor to keep these pages updated, we cannot guarantee that the links will always stay current; visit the City of Guelph's Transit Website for specific and up-to-date information, route maps, and Service Advisories.
Sometimes Transit Routes are changed or closed due to construction, break-downs, or dangerous weather conditions. Visit Guelph Transit Advisories for updates on routes.
- Gordon Corridor getting 15 minute service (compared to 20 minute)
- 5 South Gordon will not go all the way downtown
- Brand new Express Route: Route 56 (20 minute service)
- Platform changes at the UC Bus Loop
Late Night Service changes:
- None at this time
For further info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Guelph Transit Advisories.
Guelph Transit Questions/Comments/Concerns
Please go to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GuelphTransitFeedback
For any questions not answered on our FAQ page or other portions of this website, contact your Local Affairs Commissioner.
519-824-4120 x 54407